WHAT IS AWANA?
Awana is a children & youth ministry committed to “reaching boys and girls with the gospel of Christ and training them to serve Him.” Download the 2017-18 informational calendar:
WHAT HAPPENS IN AWANA?
Each week, the boys and girls get together along with adult and teen leaders to play games, memorize Bible verses, and listen to Bible stories. From age 2 through 6th grade children have “fun” while being taught the Word of God.
AWANA TIMES AND MEETING DETAILS
AWANA meets every Wednesday night from 6:00pm – 7:30pm
WHAT CAN PARENTS DO?
Parents, you can help your children achieve! You are busy, we know, but if you want to help your child be successful in Awana, he/she needs to be in Awana whenever possible. Encourage and help your child to spend, at least, 10 minutes a day preparing for Awana by working in the handbook.
Help your children memorize by utilizing these memorization tips.
Educate yourself about unique ways to interact with your children on the AWANA Parent Helps Blog
WHAT ABOUT SUNDAY SCHOOL AWARDS?
Awana includes awards for attending Sunday School. We give credit for attendance at any church. But if you do not have a home church, you and your family are welcomed at Grace Baptist Church. Sunday School….9:30 a.m. Worship Service …10:30 a.m.
For the safety and enjoyment of all who attend, we ask that you and your children follow the following rules. We take the safety of your children very seriously.
- Wear gym shoes, long pants & uniform for activities in the gym. If you do not have a uniform, a modest shirt will do.
- Upon arrival: Hang up your coat, check in, pay dues, and then go to the gym. Walk quietly and orderly between sessions.
- Stay with your Club. Clubbers can be given restroom privileges by leaders – preferably during Handbook Time.
- Stop all talking and activity at the 5 – count.
Parent Safety Responsibilities:
- We ask parents to pick up their children inside or arrange to meet them at the door. Children should not be in the parking lot, if they are unattended.
- Parents will be asked to complete the Church Activity Permit and Medical Release Form, so that we can better serve your child. There are nurses and hall monitors in attendance to help in case of emergency.
AWANA SUPPLIES AND COSTS
We encourage each clubber to purchase his/her own book and uniform. All awards are given by the church, but the clubber needs a uniform to display them.
- Puggles Shirt $10.00
- Cubbies Vest $10.00
- Sparks Vest $10.00
- T & T Shirt (3rd & 4th) $15.00
- T & T Shirt (5th & 6th) $15.00
- Handbooks: $10.00
$.50 OR $1.50 PER FAMILY
The clubbers will be encouraged to contribute. This is an opportunity to help children and missionaries in our area and around the world.
Give us a call if you have any questions or need help!
Church Office (507)388-9355